Think Tank Camera Bag Review
“We love The Airport Roller Derby.”
Think Tank Airport Roller Derby Review
The Think Tank Airport Roller Derby from the Airport Series will certainly exceed your expectations. It boasts a generous capacity, meaning you can take all your adventure essentials to the airport or even on that next photo shoot. Pam found it to fit three camera bodies, three lenses, two flashes and much more. Mark, another long-time user, expressed confidence in the protection provided by the bag while traveling. Don’t forget that the 5D Mark III and IV are affectionately called ‘Mark Jr.’ and ‘Mark Sr.’ by Pam!
UPDATE: This bag has been to Costa Rica, Iceland, British Columbia, Puerto Rico and numerous U.S. states, including Hawaii and is still in perfect condition!
When traveling to Costa Rica, it is essential that you take extra precautions with any valuable items. Pam seamlessly transported her bag into the area’s eateries, stores, and wherever she went, never leaving it unattended in the car.
Great News! Pamela’s favorite brand of camera bag is on sale! Check them out.
Pamela Goodyer loves her Roller Derby bag and has taken it with her on her world travels for many years. But now it’s your turn to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity – get a discounted Airport Series THINK TANK camera bag until the end of the year!
Think Tank Camera Bag Details
We put the tripod straps on and threw a jacket in to see how it worked. We love that we can all put our jackets in with our tripods once we hit the airports and do not have to carry them. Pam does not need that future ex-husband to roll her camera gear because it’s so easy she can do it alone. Although she has a few think tank camera bags, the Airport Roller Derby is her favorite.
This bag is of very high quality. We have used the smaller airporter for many years, which is still going strong. This one is made just as good, if not better. The gear is very protected with thick side panels should the equipment get bounced on an airplane.
The four wheels make it roll so quickly that we can navigate the airport quite well. So far, we are delighted with them. The pockets are the best. We went with Think Tank in the first place because they have more pockets for the ton of accessories we have. Our staff only uses Think Tank Camera Bags!
Think Tank Camera Bag Airport Series
Airport Roller Derby Things We Love
- We love the straps that hold the tripod and our jackets.
- Think Tank Camera Bags are the BEST when it comes to Pockets. Pockets Everywhere! You can reach in and grab a camera battery, your memory cardholder or whatever accessories you put in the interior zipper pouches.
- It meets International Carry-On Sizes.
- TSA-approved zipper locks. TSA screeners can access special codes to unlock the bag if they require security screening. They will not have to break the lock. They are Travel Sentry© Security Locks, and TSA workers know what to do.
- It has four wheels for easy rolling.
- It is water-repellent but also comes with a raincoat.
- It comes with a cable lock system for security.
- It is a good size. Not too big and not too small
Think Tank Photo’s New Spectral Shoulder Bags
Think Tank Shoulder Bags
Think Tank Camera Bags Review
Think Tank Photo’s New Spectral Shoulder Bags Feature One-Handed Gear Access and Increased Protection from Theft and the Elements
Santa Rosa, Calif. – With Think Tank Photo’s new Spectral shoulder bags, photographers can remain inconspicuous while shooting, knowing their valuable cameras and lenses are safer from theft and the elements. A magnetic Fidlock clasp enables quiet, one-handed access to gear — and then locks automatically when closing the flap. An additional zippered closure gives peace of mind while traveling and can be tucked away when actively shooting. Constructed with durable yet stylish materials, the Spectral Shoulder Bag offers Think Tank quality and ingenuity at a reasonable price. Think tank camera bags review so you know what to buy.
The Spectral 8 fits one standard size DSLR body with a wide or short zoom, a 24–70mm f/2.8 detached, plus one to two small extra lens, and an eight-inch tablet. Or, it fits a Mirrorless kit with three to four lenses, including the 50–140mm. The Spectral 10 fits one standard size DSLR body with 24–70mm attached, a 70–200mm detached, one to three extra lenses, and a 10” tablet. The Spectral 15 fits one standard size DSLR body with 24–70mm attached, a 70–200mm detached, two to four extra lenses, flash, a 10” tablet, and a 15” laptop.
Think Tank Photo Upgrades Award-Winning Shape Shifter®
Think Tank Camera Bags Review
Think Tank Shape Shifter®
Expandable Backpack and Adds “Naked” Option
Santa Rosa, Calif. – A revolution in backpack design when it was first released, Think Tank’s Shape Shifter expanded and contracted to hold gripped camera bodies and a laptop. In response to input from professional photographers, Think Tank has released the Shape Shifter in three new configurations. The Shape Shifter 15 V2.0 is designed to hold a 15” laptop, and the Shape Shifter 17 is designed to hold a 17” laptop. The Naked Shape Shifter allows photographers to attach Skin Pouches or Lens Changers inside to create a totally customized modular backpack. Think tank camera bags review so you know what to buy.
“While traveling or on location, the Shape Shifter V2.0 lets photographers adjust their backpack to fit their workflow,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and lead designer. “The Shape Shifters compress to three inches in depth when the gear is removed, allowing photographers to have their gear at the ready while maintaining a slimmer profile when maneuvering through crowds.”
Shape Shifter 15 & 17 V2.0
- A great travel bag with extra space to fit a jacket, food, or additional gear
- The tripod attachment on the front of the bag keeps the tripod weight centered and allows access to gear without detaching the tripod.
- Easily accessible, plush pocket fits smartphones with displays up to 5.5”
- Roller handle pass-through sleeve to attach to rolling luggage
- The detachable water bottle pouch
- Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt (sold separately) can be attached
- Contoured shoulder harness with air channel for all body types
- YKK® RC-Fuse zippers with lockable sliders (lock not included)
- Upper front pocket with organizer for accessories
- Lower front pocket with a zippered pocket for accessories
- Removable waist belt
- Shoulder harness pockets, D-Rings, and sternum strap
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Shape Shifter® 15 V2.0 Gear Capacity
- Holds a 15” laptop, tablet up to a 12” or 13”, plus one DSLR (gripped or un-gripped) and three lenses (detached) and personal items
Shape Shifter® 17 V2.0 Gear Capacity
- Holds a 17” laptop, tablet up to a 12” or 13”, plus one to two DSLRs (gripped or un-gripped) and three to four lenses (detached) and personal items
Naked ShapeShifter 17 V2.0 Gear Capacity
- Holds a 17” laptop, tablet up to a 12” or 13”, plus four to seven modular pouches or lens changes and personal items
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag also has 600D twill, YKK® RC zippers, 320g dry-flow air mesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed-cell foam dividers, polyurethane-backed liner and dividers, 200D polyester, laminated non-woven backed Nylex liner, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 190T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. Think tank camera bags review, so you know what to buy.